Doing God's will

Writing down things given to me by grace from heaven to help our comrades in the KINGDOM OF GOD.

My Photo
Name:
Location: India

The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; (Psalm 138:8)

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I dont want to sin, but why and how do I sin?

Even St.Paul struggled with sin.How does GOD intend to deliver us from it?

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. (Romans 7:15-20)

Dear Friends, how many of us go through this phase. Paul went through. After 6 chapters in which he speaks about GOD, in Romans, he comes to the 7th Chapter and openly confesses his inability to overcome sin.

I realized this so much today as I met with yet another accident, crashing at a high speed in one of the busiest CMH road traffic. I rose up after a rolling a series of times with a terribly torn Shirt and trouser of my dad (that I fondly wear), blood showing up through the spaces where skin was missing.I know that I sin when I do a 80 KMPH at a zone which has 40 as the speed limit. I want to overtake sin much more than I want to overtake other fast vehicles ahead of me.

Yeah I had tried reducing speed and since I got anointed on the 11th of JUNE, I had gone on fasting so many times asking GOD to control my speed. But,I have got one of the fastest bikes since then, touching 120 regularly in the highways and doing between 70 and 90 in the busy Bangalore traffic. I have done a 140KMPH speed in Getz, Swift and also our little Maruthi 800(130KMPH).Since childhood I have overtaken TVS mopeds travelling at 30-35 KMPH with my green color bicycle with little or no brakes.Wickedness and wilfullness of sin was prevalent beyond all the severe beatings that I recieved at my dad's hand.

I wonder why I do that, though I REALLY, REALLY WANT TO SUPPRESS THIS DESIRE Which as termed by many of my well-wishers (and as I know) is a sin..................I know some of you might have some other habits that is hard to break , though you have tried millions of times to overcome.

Where can I go but to run to the WORD OF GOD to seek a solution for this problem? Then it says

Turning away from wickedness is a blessing, and JESUS was raised up from death ONLY FOR TURNING US AWAY FROM WICKED WAYS,the Bible says so

When God raised up his servant, he(GOD) sent him(JESUS) first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways.(Acts 3:26)

"And now, LORD, let the promise you have made concerning your servant and his house be established forever. Do as you promised, (I Chronicles 17:23)

Remember the word to Your servant,Upon which You have caused me to hope.(Psalm 119:49)

I trust you JESUS. Your Word is true and I hope in you, because you have made me to hope in your word. Now LORD, do as you have promised through your WORD.Fulfill the purpose for which you were raised from the dead. In JESUS name I ask you MERCIFUL FATHER.
Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home